Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Women's Rights Eroded

share

I realize this is controversial, but we have reached a point of complete madness when it comes to women's rights, including our right to choose--yes, our right to abortion. I am hearing things going on nationally that make my hair stand on end. What I don't want are more abortions. What I do want is an atmosphere in this country that's less hostile to women and their families: by far, in my opinion, the best way to reduce abortions. We should care about children after they're born as well as while they're gestating, and we must care about their parents as well. Anything less is sheer hypocrisy, and, in my opinion, misogyny. Without Roe V. Wade, we go back to unsafe, back alley abortions that will endanger women. Not acceptable. We cannot shrink from this conversation. Not now. It's a lot easier to protect rights you already have than it is to gain back rights you've lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment